Clouding the Mind

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Fluffy Head Trips

Yesterday I renewed a very nice morning ritual of going out and sitting in the hot tub while eating my oatmeal and orange juice breakfast. Laying in the warm water and looking up, I was amazed at the simple beauty and intriguing nature of the clouds that paraded overhead.

I thought they were amazing.

This morning I went out again after glancing out the kitchen window with a bit of disappointment at seeing the sky moslty covered with clouds and thinking they couldn't possibly be as interesting as yesterday's.

But, I was immediately surprised to find in the general covering intricate puzzle like patterns. Within just a minute or two that whole system of cloud cover was gone and others were in their place. I was amazed at how fast they came and went on such a calm morning and at the variety of kinds of clouds I saw. I finally decided (too late for the best) to go in for the camera.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Booklogged said…

    I layed in the hammock for awhile this afternoon and, even though it was completely overcast, enjoyed the genle swaying and cool breeze. I do love watching the clouds, too. What happens when you drop some of the oat meal into the hot tub? I'm sure that would happen to me.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Framed said…

    Sometimes I am amazed at the colors and textures of the clouds in our sky. I love looking at them right before or after a storm because the contrast of the clouds and the sky is fantastic.
    P.S. I'm curious about the oatmeal in the hot tub also.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Cassie said…

    I love clouds. Ever so much more than a clear sky especially if they are a little dark. It makes things more interesting than a stark blue sky.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Myke Weber said…

    Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air and feather canyons everywhere, I look at clouds that way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home